Supply of Electrical Energy
In the new competitive environment EAC takes all appropriate measures for a superior customer service by offering a service in the areas of energy and other activities with safety, security and reliability at competitive prices.
With the accession of the Republic of Cyprus to the European Union in May 2004 the activities of Generation and Supply of electricity from monopolies have entered the sphere of competitiveness though a Legal framework which is determined by the European Αcquis and which has been incorporated in the national Legislation.
The liberalization of the electricity market became effective for the 35% initially. By decree of the competent Minister of Commerce, Industry and Tourism the total annual consumption of customers is determined as the basis on which they can select their supplier.
In accordance with the derogation granted to the Republic of Cyprus by the European Union a further gradual opening of the market will come as follows:
(a) As from 1st January 2009 the market opens for all non domestic customers.
(b) As from 1st January 2014 for all consumers. The tariffs of EAC, in accordance with the existing legal framework are regulated by the Cyprus Energy Regulating Authority (CERA) on the basis of a relevant methodology the basic principle of which is the relationship between cost and change
The aims of our organization is the supply of a reliable product and the affording of services equal to that provided by the best European electrical energy companies to the full satisfaction and expectations of our customers.
The daily supply activities are mainly centered on the Area Offices of the Authority with the Head Office providing valuable and essential support service.
The supply activities include the following:
The basic activities are the following:
- Payment of bills for electricity, of terms for supply, of cheques bounced, reconnection changes following disconnection of supply for non payment.
- Daily receipt of cash and cheques from cashiers and deposit at the bank.
- Audit of cash boxes and preparation of the relevant form for daily cash receipts.
- Forwarding to Consumer’s Section, Head Office, of all accounts / receipts and of the form for daily deposits.
- Payment of receipts presented by EAC personnel (approved by their superior) from Petty Cash for the purchase of materials for the needs of their job as well as payment of various allowances to eligible personnel.
- Refund of credit balances by the Petty Cash resulting from final accounts up to 170 Euro to customers or drafting of a relevant payment order for the issue of a cheque by Head Office should the amount exceed 170 Euro.
Change of Customer’s Record
The customer must visit the EAC Customer Service Centers or write a letter requesting change of his/her bill customer information e.g. wrong address of supply, change in telephone number, change of postal address etc.
The change is curried out by an authorized employee of the Area Customer Service Department through the Customer Care & Billing System.
Revision of Accounts
EAC proceeds with revision of bills for electricity in the following cases.
- When the meter reading recorded by the Meter Reader was wrong.
- When the meter is situated in closed premises and the electricity bill was issued on the basis of estimation, and after that the meter reading was made possible following an arrangement with the customer.
- When there was stealing of electricity.
- When the meter was replaced for not registering correctly.
Overdue Accounts Section
Basic activities are the following:
- Checking of disconnection orders for non payment.
- Assignment of work (disconnection orders) to the technical staff of the Section for collection or disconnection of the supply of electricity.
- Reconnection of supply of electricity by the Technical Staff following payment by the customer whose supply had been disconnected for non payment.
- Dispatch to the stand by personnel of a list with the details of customers who had been disconnected during normal working hours of the Section. Object of the dispatch of this list is the reconnection of supply to customers who face health problems.
- Transfer of any credit or debit balances from final accounts to current accounts.
- Daily audit of overdue accounts and taking of further steps.
- Preparation of letters and of relevant correspondence to the Legal Section of the Authority for instituting proceedings against customers (legal or natural persons) who failed to pay their final account.
- Collection of cash moneys against bounced cheques or disconnection of supply and recharging of the amount of the cheque.
- Appearance before the Court for the presentation of information and evidence
Customer Complaints for electricity bills
Mission of our organization is the affording of excellent service to our customers. For this reason the personnel of the Customer Service who is of first rate training provide every possible service to our customers (especially in handling complaints relating to electricity accounts) who seek always quick and quality service.
For better customer service EAC decided to install a new modern system of customer changing in replacement of existing customer changing system.
With this new system the service level and customer information of EAC will be improved considerably. In addition the new system will facilitate and accelerate greatly the daily work of the Customer Service Officers.