If Networks Exists:
(A) THE LOAD IS SMALL (UP TO 40A (1-PHASE) OR 30A (3-PHASE) – FOR NORMAL SUPPLY, NOT STORAGE HEATING)
-Application is forwarded to the Installation Inspectors so that a site investigation is carried out or if details are given to prepare the investigation form.
If there is no technical problem, the application will be forwarded to the Distribution Network Department for the issue of terms for electricity supply. If there is a technical problem it will be forwarded for preparation of the relevant scheme and then for the issue of terms.
- After acceptance of terms by the customer and payment of the requisite amount, the licensed electrical contractor of the customer will submit to the Installation. Inspectors, plans for the testing and inspection of the installation.
- After the inspection and provided that the inspection proved that no repairs were necessary, the customer will come to one of the Customer Service Centers of EAC in order to complete the relevant application card for electricity supply and connection of the service lime by the service installers follows.
(B) THE LOAD IS LARGE (GREATER THAN 40 A (1-PHASE) OR 30A (3-PHASE) OR LOAD FOR STORAGE HEATING)
- The application will be forwarded for the relevant scheme to be carried out. If the load is approved them the procedure outlined in paragraph (a) above is followed. If a scheme needs to be prepared then procedure is as per the next paragraph.
If Extension/ Reinforcement of Network is Required:
-The application will be forwarded for the relevant scheme to be prepared and costing to be carried out.
- After that it will be forwarded to the Programming Department for the necessary wayleaves and Government approvals (where applicable).
- The issue of terms by the Distribution Network Department follows. After that the procedure outlined in paragraph (a) above is followed.